Although this gift is a bit pricey, the Piper Computer Kit has everything a kid needs to learn how to code.
The Piper experience starts with assembling your wooden components into a computer case, which serves as your exploration base for crafting unique electronic modules into real, working gadgets. Piper gives you the ability to create with the latest, most advanced electronics components and concepts right out of the box.
All Piper Computers come equipped with PiperUniverse, a revolutionary teaching system designed by Princeton and Stanford scientists to use the power of Minecraft to teach programming, engineering, electronics, and critical thinking.
- Hand-crafted wooden computer case with lcd screen monitor
- Minecraft story mode adventure play with hardware components and challenges
- Wifi enabled gameplay for extra levels and sharing capabilities
- Electronic gadgets including led lights, motion sensors, buzzers, buttons and switches
- Self-contained computer running on a raspberry pi 3 project board – 1gb ram – 1.2Ghz quad-core CPU